Use your skills to do something that really matters! Challenging, rewarding positions that are open at SMTS will be posted here. We look for talented, results-oriented people who want to do work that has a positive impact in their community. SMTS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Current Positions Available:
Join the driving staff in one of our 21 counties of service!
SMTS has an immediate opening for a transit driver. Join a team that is making a difference in your community! SMTS provides transportation for seniors, individuals with disabilities and the rural general public. As a transit driver, you help fulfill our mission of “Anyone can Ride”. Applicants must be at least 25 years old and have a clean driving record. Applicants hours will vary daily. All transit drivers are subject to pre-employment drug screens and background checks. SMTS is proud to offer a competitive starting wage.
Download an application form, fill it out and print it, sign and mail, fax, email to SMTS, Inc.
Requires Adobe Reader. Get it here free!
Accepting Bids for Janitorial Services
SMTS, Inc. a 501-c3 Non-profit with headquarters located at 700 E. Highway 72 – Fredericktown, MO 63645 is now accepting bids for Weekly Janitorial Services. The building consists of: 14 Offices, Vestibule, Lobby, Kitchen, 3 Restrooms, File Room, Copy Room, Boardroom, Driver’s Lounge and connecting hallways.
Weekly Responsibilities: Collecting and removal of trash to onsite dumpster, sweeping and wet mopping vinyl laminate and tiled surfaces, vacuuming all carpeted areas (including throw and area rugs), cleaning/sanitizing restroom facilities, replenishing paper supplies throughout the facility.
Bi-weekly Responsibilities: Dusting all surfaces, Cleaning all Entry Door Glass inside and out, cleaning all interior glass except windows with exterior view. Note: Dusting and Cleaning Glass should be alternated. If you dust the 1st and 3rd weeks, you would clean glass the 2nd & 4th.
Bi-Annual Responsibilities: Cleaning all windows both inside and out.
Note: SMTS will supply all garbage bags, trash receptacles, cleaning supplies and equipment needed to complete the job. Work may begin as early as the close of business (5:00 p.m.) each Friday and must be completed prior to the opening of business (8:00 a.m.) the following Monday.
On-site Visit and Bid Submittal
- Bidders may request a “Walk Through” during our normal business hours to assess the scope of work to be performed by calling 573-783-5505 or emailing: email@example.com *Ask to speak with a member of Management*
- All bids must be received by the end of business on January 17, 2020.
- Bids may be emailed, hand-delivered or sent via USPS to: P.O. Box 679 – Fredericktown, MO 63645-0679
- Bids should be calculated on a weekly or monthly basis, not bi-weekly. The term shall be for one (1) year with a two year renewable option.
- Successful bidder should be prepared to assume responsibilities at the close of business on Friday, February 7, 2020.
- SMTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Data Entry Clerk/Office Assistant
Full-Time Position with Benefits Available
The main responsibility of the Data Entry Clerk/Office Assistant will be to review paper documents for accuracy and completeness and accurately record data into company database. This person will be expected to organize and maintain filing system of all source documents. He/She will serve as a backup to the receptionist. Other clerical and general office duties will be required on as-needed basis.
- Transfer data from paper formats into computer files or database systems
- Maintain data entry requirements by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents and reviewing reports for errors
- Find and correct any errors recorded
- Retrieve data from database systems or other sources as requested
- Sort, organize and file paperwork and source documents
- Handle incoming calls and other communications
- Open, record and distribute incoming mail
- Assist with organizing and maintaining office common areas
- Perform general office clerk duties and errands
- Maintain customer confidence and protect company by keeping information confidential
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing tasks assigned in timely manner
- Ability to enter data into systems quickly and accurately
- Capable of problem solving discrepancies in data and reconciling out-of-balance items
- Strong PC skills, including but not limited to, scanning and saving electronic files, accessing shared files, accessing email, utilizing instant messenger software, using VOIP phone systems
- Comfortableness with general office equipment such as copiers and faxes
- Basic understanding of MS Access Database
- Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Excellent organizational skills and very detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks; Ability to adapt and reprioritize when work assignments change
- Must be able to work independently and responsibly
- Great verbal and written communication skills