Monday thru Friday 7am – 5pm
Saturday 10am to 4pm
Call our St. Francois County office with any questions:
SMTS is proud to start operation of a two bus deviated fixed route consisting of stops in four cities with a common transfer stop in Park Hills.
Two Buses, Two Routes
The North Route (Bus B) will service Bonne Terre, Desloge, Elvins, and Park Hills.
The South Route (Bus A) will service Park Hills, and Farmington.
From the top of each hour, Bus A runs the South Route, at the same time Bus B is running the North Route. The two buses meet at MAC just before the top of the next hour to allow transfers between Bus A and Bus B.
Saturday Route Map
Click image to enlarge
Click image to enlarge
North Route Only
Click image to enlarge
South Route Only
Click image to enlarge
Four Stop Types
- Transfer Stop. We have one Transfer Stop at MAC where Bus A and Bus B meet every 60 minutes so our riders may continue to their destination on other routes when applicable. There is no charge when immediately transferring from one bus to the other, but the usual fare is collected when boarding a later bus, such as after shopping.
- Always Stops. In addition to the Transfer Stop, each of the routes has stops where we stop every time the bus makes the loop – where we “Always Stop.”
- Request Stops. In addition to Always Stops, each of our routes also has specific stops where we will stop only by request to board or deboard there. There are 3 ways to request this service:
- The rider may ask the driver to deboard at a Request Stop
- The rider may ask the driver to be picked up at a later, scheduled Request Stop time on the same day
- The rider may call the office at least 30 minutes before the scheduled Request Stop time and ask to be picked up
- Deviated Stops. Our riders may request to board or deboard the bus at safe, legal stops up to ¼ of a mile off our published route lines on the back of this schedule. Requests for Deviated Stops must be made at least one day in advance by calling our office. Our staff can help riders determine if the stop is within the ¼ mile limit. Deviated Stops are available as capacity allows in order to maintain timely service on our routes, but we’ll do our best to accommodate as many requests as we can. To help, Deviated Stop service may be provided alternatively by SMTS vehicles at no additional fare to the rider, but still subject to capacity.
The stop times are on the maps on the back side of this schedule. Stop times are at the same minute after each hour. As an example, the bus stops at Twin Towers at 10 minutes (:10) after each hour, or 10:10, 11:10, 12:10, etc. for each hour of service.
Hours of Service
7:00 AM to 7:00 PM Monday thru Friday
10:00 AM to 4:00 PM Saturday
We are closed Sundays, major holidays, and during inclement weather.
Route Bus Fares
Cash fares must be exact — drivers won’t provide change.
Children under 5 years old ride for FREE.
Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Single Ride: $1 per person per boarding.
All-Day Pass: $3 per person for unlimited boardings for the day of purchase. People who purchase an All-Day Pass will have their hand stamped at their first boarding.
All-Day Family Pass: $6 for up to 5 people in a group, unlimited boardings for the day of purchase. All persons in the group must board and deboard at the same locations at the same times. Groups who purchase an All-Day Family Pass will have their hands stamped at their first boarding.
Prepaid Punch Cards. Anyone may purchase prepaid punch cards. Cards can be used to ride anytime. We have two Card denominations to choose from:
$10 for 12 boardings (2 free boardings)
$20 for 26 boardings (6 free boardings)
Prepaid Punch Cards may be purchased from the bus driver, at the SMTS office, or may be obtained through some local agencies. Cards may be used by anyone. Multiple riders can use one Card at the same or different times — the Card will be punched once per rider per boarding regardless of who is using it or the number of riders using it at the time.
Cards should be treated as cash and are nonrefundable. Lost or stolen cards will not be replaced.
Although we strive to stay on time for each of our stops, we may run up to 10 minutes late from time to time due to unforeseen reasons. We appreciate your patience and cooperation while we work to get back on schedule. We will not leave before the scheduled time at Always Stops, but we may run up to 5 minutes early at other stops. Please plan your trips accordingly.
Dwell time. Our vehicles may remain stopped (or dwell) at an Always Stop until the scheduled time is met or passed to provide opportunity for riders to catch the bus. If the bus is running late, the driver will dwell at an Always Stop only for a few moments. The vehicles will also dwell at MAC to permit transfers between vehicles.
All riders must properly use a seat belt at all times the bus is moving. Wheelchairs and riders in wheelchairs also must be properly secured at all times the bus is moving. There are no exceptions.
Children & Child Safety Seats. Children under the age of 4 are required to be properly secured in a Child Safety Seat at all times the bus is moving. Children are not permitted to be held in the arms of another person or remain unsecured while riding the bus.
Children between 4 and 8 years old may use a booster seat, with a lap and shoulder belt; otherwise the child may sit directly on the bus seat and use the lap belt provided.
We do not provide child safety seats or booster seats.
Help our drivers stay on time. All riders should be ready to board when the bus arrives and be ready to deboard the bus at their stop.
Riders Rules of Conduct. SMTS has published a Riders Rules of Conduct brochure (“A Positive Experience Starts with You”). Ask your driver for a copy; Riders are expected to follow the rules.
Grocery bags, etc. We allow our riders to bring groceries and other purchases on board, but all riders are limited to what the rider can safely carry on and off the vehicle in one boarding without the assistance of the driver. We reserve the right to limit the number of bags and the size of packages allowed on the vehicle at the discretion of the driver, based on capacity and other criteria. Riders are not permitted to leave any belongings, including groceries, unattended on the vehicle for any length of time.
We gladly welcome service dogs with their owners. We may ask the rider if the dog is a service animal and what service the dog provides before permitting it to accompany the rider on our vehicles. Service dogs that bark incessantly or present a danger to the driver or other riders must be confined or constrained.
Comfort and therapy animals are not considered service animals and are not permitted on board.
And this …
We can help you plan your route, just give us a call. … You can help us make the service better: share your ideas with us! … Bus stop signs and bus stop shelters are high on our priority list.